Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Give your pupil a chance

This happened last week. I name the pupil as M. M is a very talkative, hyperactive and mischievous pupils in class. He seemed to be uncomfortable of being comfortable. Meaning, he could not sit quietly when everybody else sits quietly and happily doing their worksheet. He might be walking, talking, disturbing, suddenly screaming in class in order I believe to get attention. From who? Peers, me, or just being silly.. I simply don't know.

Once I asked him to stand at the back of the class, which I believe standing punishment will never benefit the pupil or efficient for them. Since I was kinda pissed off, I ordered him to stand at the back of the class to give me time to think the best psychological punishment for this brat!!!

I thought he maybe the hyperactive pupil in class. Thus, I asked him to be my assistant of the day just to keep him busy and stop disturbing other pupils. He happily put up the teaching aids, help me write down correct answer on the white board, clean the white board, distributes worksheet, and so on. He cheerfully made himself busy with the chores given. The satisfaction on this child glowing face really soften my heart and anger.

Til the end of the lesson, his behaviour impressed me. Wow, this really work...so people, do not give inlogical or inefficient punishment to children. Give them something they can learn from in form of responsibility, team work, moral values and you know others.....

Sentence of the day from M....Teacher, lain kali teacher panggil saya jadi assistant saya lagi ye....

My GOD!!!!! Sejuk sgt hati ni..... (keibuan tak? OMGoddddddd!)