Friday, July 3, 2009

Frustration....help me...

It has been two weeks of practicum. It has been a fun journey despite of the late night sleep and adorable pupils trying to get your attention in class.

BUT..there's the BIG BUT... I still can't stand the last class I'm given..worse....my lecturer is coming and he really wanted to see me handle this class...

I said, "Sir, please not that class. I enter once a week only. Why don't you come to see my other class (the third class)?"

He simply refused. God! Help me...give me some strength and best way to tackle this children.

He added, "If you can handle this class, you pass with excellent, if not I give you fail."

I felt that my heart dropped to the floor...kelepuunggg.....

Let's see what have I done to them...

I played video clips about TIME... they didn't understand at all but still watch the video quietly...

Once I taught them about AM and PM... they started to have chit chat, play with their friends, ajuk cakap aku.....perghhhhh...menyirap....sabar sabar sabar...

Then, for the development I divided them into groups....quite ok, although there were pupils playing and gochoh (fighting & kicking) with each other....during the simulation, hmmmm they were quiet and responding, walaupun jawapan mereka kebanyakannya salah...

Second class....

My teaching was more like story telling or discussion... I gather them to sit in front of the class (all 15 of them) and started to tell stories about time and how to tell time...amazingly, they were all focus and can sit quietly...

when i asked them to go back to their place and gave worksheet to each of them....voala....they all started running here and there....

I asked them to do the homework..but then....you know already...they just couldn't be bothered...

Then...... I SHOUT....hoho...yes, shout.... they were stunned and sit quietly... I cannot do this often, it's not professional..... and against my principal of "STRICT but NOT MEAN"....

Each time I went out, I felt a big frustration in my heart. I believe everybody deserves to learn, educate, and taste success in life. I believe this pupils deserve at least a litle success to make them motivated to move on in life.

I learnt about this pupils background, they came from very problematic family with drug addict father and lunatic mother, divorced parents, poor and so much of factors that cause them became like that.

My sympathy to them was undescribable...I know.. these children were born equal with others....their brains are equally good as others...but...what make their brains slow and not like others? I'm here to solve that as a teacher...at least, they need to learn something a little a day...

My prayers that God gives me strength to help these children and avoid any negative vibes in me... Amin....

Please pray for me and these kids...