Monday, June 22, 2009

Horror begins tomorrow

It's a very demotivating day of my teaching life!!!

I was given Year 4 class for Math and Year 3 for English. Quite easy right? So as you thought.

It's a teacher's worst nightmare if he/she's given the last class,so does teachers here. As a trainee I have this impression of if the senior teachers can't do it, how can I do it? I'm just a trainee.

Yesterday, was not so bad when I knew I'm going to teach 3rd class and 6th class (last class). It wasn't that horrified. Since today is my 2nd day here, the teachers were more friendlier and they would surely ask me "Dapat tahun berapa?". This question follows "Kelas mana?"

When I said "4A3 dan 4A6". Their face reactions really changed man!! Obviously!! I asked "Kenapa Cikgu?"

These are the responses I received:

"Beratnya. 4A3 tu bukannya senang nak ajar, slow jugak. 4A6 tu lagi la, xde cikgu2 lama yg berani ambil kelas tu"

"You're dead, girl"

"Aiyoo...why your jadual like this...kesian you."

"Wat gapo amik kelah gini, payoh ngajo budok kelah ni. Ye malah dang xmau blajo. Kadang2 cikgu lame masuk pong ye wat dek je."

"Awok masuk truh wat bekeng. Jangang bagi muka ke ye. Ye naik kepale. Wat seriuh blake"

Initially, I recieved the comments positively. But when almost all the teachers commented negatively at this class, I felt....demotivated, scared....wouldn't you?

Then I send an SMS to my dearest lecturer Pn Mas, just to tell someone that might understand my situation. Met her this evening. She gave me some tips to overcome the negative situation.

Although I am calmer now, but deep inside I still have this negative vibes. Dear God, please help me becoming a great teacher. Do pray for me ya frens....